The problem of Anaemia happens in our body as soon as there are fewer amounts of red blood cells left in our blood or if there is not sufficient amount of haemoglobin. One of the major consequences of anaemia is the low movement of oxygen; symptoms of anaemia generally consist of constant fatigue or tiredness, muscle weakness, mood fluctuations, and brain fog.
Sometimes, severe anaemia might also result in difficulties, comprising harm to the brain, heart and other tissues. Even though it’s uncommon, if you didn’t treat anaemia then, it can turn into lethal.
What Actually Is Anaemia?
It is the disorder noticeable by a deficit of haemoglobin or the RBCs (red blood cells) inside the body fluid. Haemoglobin benefits the cells in fetching the oxygen through your lungs towards the entire parts of the body.
The body of the people suffering from anaemia does not get sufficient haemoglobin that makes them feel fatigued and weak. RBCs comprise haemoglobin which is also significant for immunity, comprising combating infections and blood clotting. It also stops excessive blood loss.
Anaemia is also linked to the deficiency of iron in the body. As per the current situation, iron deficiency is one of the common nutritional deficiencies in the world. Iron benefits in creating the haemoglobin, and around 11% of females today are iron-deficient. It is a distressing situation as iron plays a very important role comprising aiding the distribution of oxygen.
The iron is needed by our body for performing numerous functions daily. However, it’s common in numerous people to have low levels of iron owing to aspects such as a poor diet, mensuration’s blood loss, or an incapability to absorb sufficient iron from different sources of food.
Common Symptoms of anaemia
Without adequate oxygen-transferring RBCs inside the body, it is difficult to transfer sufficient quantities of oxygen to the tissues, brain, cells, and muscles. Feeling fatigued is quite common for numerous grown-ups, owing to multiplying causes. These causes might consist of anxiety, combating a virus, deficiency of sleep, and a tiring work schedule.
The below are the most common symptoms of anaemia that are encounter by the adults:
- A rapid or uneven heartbeat
- Pale skin
- Chest pains
- Shortness of breath, trouble breathing, low stamina and reduced endurance
- Cognitive problems, comprising difficulty concentrating, brain fog, and difficulty in getting work done
- Faintness or loss of stability
- Cold hands and feet or other symptoms of body temperature variations
You must also know that the symptoms of anaemia could be so much minor that you might not notice them for several years. However, symptoms of anaemia usually aggravate as the disorder grows, particularly if there are more risk causes backing to the issue.
Causes of Anaemia
The below are 3 main reasons for the development of anaemia besides the reason of inadequate RBCs (red blood cells):
- The body is not creating adequate RBCs (red blood cells).
- There is a loss of excessive blood owing to wound, menstruation or other situations which result in bleeding.
- The body is finishing the RBCs owing to the fluctuations in the body’s immune system.
Risk factors of Anaemia
The following are the risk factors that are associated with the anaemia:
- Insufficiency of vitamin B12 or iron. It might occur if you do not consume adequate food i.e. a limiting diet, for example, vegetarian people who do not eat animal products which are amazing sources of vitamin B and iron. The body requires sufficient amount of folate, vitamin B12, iron, etc from the foods which create strong quantities of RBCs and Haemoglobin.
- The chances of anaemia problem are more in females than the males.
- People suffering from the pernicious anaemia in which they are attaining sufficient vitamin B12, however, cannot correctly absorb or utilize it. Due to this reason, their bodies cannot create sufficient haemoglobin.
- The old age people who are over the age of 65 are more probable to get the issue of anaemia.
- During the time of Pregnancy, the risk of anaemia increases.
- The problem of Candida that can change the way you hold the nutrients comprising vitamin B.
- The other disorders comprising an autoimmune ailment (such as lupus), rheumatoid arthritis, HIV/AIDS, cancer or kidney disease might result in anaemia. People suffering from the anaemia and kidney problems get the bad erythropoietin which controls the production of RBCs.
- Facing the problem of digestion which disturbs the absorption of nutrient, like Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease, or an ulcer.
- Regular intake of the OTC (over-the-counter) pain relievers, particularly aspirin that stop the formation of some nutrients.
- Occasionally anaemia is inherently inborn, and thus there are fewer chances that it happens to owe to the diet or lifestyle factors. These consist of aplastic anaemia, bone marrow diseases, haemolytic anaemia or sickle cell anaemia. A hereditary ailment known as G6PD deficiency might too result in the problem of anaemia.
- Thalassemia is one more disorder which can cause anaemia. It is a hereditary blood ailment along with the problem of less amount of red blood cells as well as haemoglobin inside the body in comparison to the normal, condition that results in anaemia.
List of the Worst Foods for anaemia To Evade
The below is the list of worst foods that you should not consume for avoiding the problem of anaemia:
- Processed grains
- Added sugar/sweeteners
- Bran: It which has the high amount of insoluble fiber that traps and eliminates iron at the time of digestion
- Dark Chocolate: Even though chocolate has a high amount of iron, it also consists of tannins that are a kind of anti-nutrient which inhibits the absorption of iron. You have to consume it in control. Eat sufficient amount of other iron-rich foods and consume white and milk chocolate to diminish tannin consumption.
- Soda: It has a high amount of sugar without any nutrients which stop the absorption of iron.
- Dairy products: The dairy products comparison of calcium impasses the iron inside foods and result in bad absorption.
- Black tea and coffee: Extreme coffee consumption might stop the iron absorption, thus decrease it to simply single cup for every day.
5 Natural Treatments for treating the symptoms of anaemia
The below is the treatment of anaemia symptoms in a natural way:
- Nourish Your Spleen
Nourishing your spleen is the main natural treatment for curing anaemia. The spleen is a tissue which is accountable for the production of RBCs, and also for retaining the liquids composed inside the system. The spleen which is not healthy generally causes anaemia.
There are few types of foods which benefit in nourishing your spleen like squash group, particularly acorn squash, pumpkin, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, and any bright orange-color foods. The next group of food is green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and chard.
- Usage of Probiotics for a Fit Gut
You can naturally overcome the symptoms of anaemia by boosting the health of gut with the help of probiotics. The good health of the gut is important for nutrients absorption. If a person is not absorbing the food correctly and absorbing and integrating nutrients correctly then, it is not possible to absorb the iron. Some people prefer to take the supplements of iron which might not do well for them as their digestive system is not that healthy or might be too much leaky. Thus instead of eating an iron tablet without curing the original issue, you should make alterations in your food habits to combat the issue of bad health of the gut.
- Eat the foods that are rich in Iron
You can also overcome the symptoms of anaemia by consuming the foods that are rich in iron like seafood and meat. There are few best foods for iron that consist of chicken and beef liver, lamb and bison. You can also include vegetables such as celery, carrots, sea salt, kale, spinach, chard, and onions. This is the perfect meal to help replenish your liver, as it’s very high in iron.
- Decrease Stress
People who are anxious emotionally and also feel lots of anger or worry have to face the depletion of the spleen. Thus, truly ensure that you have a relaxing schedule and also get adequate sleep during the night time. It will truly benefit you in recharging your body along with the relief in stress. Eventually, you will also see incredible outcomes in overcoming the problem of anaemia.
- Take Supplements
You can consume the supplement of vitamin B complex which consists of folate along with the supplement of iron. Moreover, there are few herbs that really benefits in supporting the spleen, particularly ginseng. Finally, beetroots also benefit with a healthy system of cardiac and healthy levels of iron.
The problem of anaemia makes you feel fatigue, brain fog, trouble breathing normally, weakness, body temperature changes, and headaches. You can treat it naturally with the above-discussed ways.